Friday, July 24, 2009

My Time With You

On my knees, head bowed down. All is peace. Not a sound.
In the silence I want to hear Your quiet Love drawing near.
Patiently I wait. For that familiar knock. Upon my heart.

Come in, my Lord. I want to, need to, start my time with You.

To be with You. To have You near.
When I'm with You, I need not fear for I am Your's and You are mine.
Together.
I know that we will find the path that's straight, the way that's True.
There's noone I can trust like You.

At Your feet, I obey. If it hurts I'm still okay
for You will never let me go and in the pain You make me grow.
Within my heart I hide Your word. In it's wisdom I have heard
all I need for this new day. O Papa, what a gift it is to pray.

To be with You. To have You near.
When I'm with You, I do not fear for I am Your's and You are mine.
Together I know that we will find the path that's straight, the way that's true.
There's noone I can trust but You.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments: