Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Cup Is Running Over Because of You...

The title to this entry is a line from a worship song by Michael Neale (I Will Dwell). It has been running through my mind over the past hours and days - it is the only way to accurately describe my worship, both private and public - recently. There are times in my life when I experience God in such a way that I am overwhelmed. I've tried to come up with words to describe it - like a volcano that has erupted? But that is too volatile. When Abba decides to stoop down and love on me in His most personal and perfect way, the only way to describe it is to say, like David...my cup is running over. It is a quiet filling up, sneaky almost. Until there comes a moment when I realize that I am running over and out and I am drowning in a flood of grace, mercy and love. My only response is to worship, to obey, and to say thank You. And to cry. But the tears are happy tears. Happy little expressions just running over. And to write.

So, I want to say thank You Abba. Thank You, Jehovah Jireh, my Provider, for bringing together events recently that have resulted in this experience of being filled to the brim. Thank you for my journal from Mary called Praying the Names of God. Thank you for Kenton's sermons on worship. Thank you for challenges at church that have brought me to my knees. Thank You for Beth. Thank You most of all for bringing back some of the dearest friends I have had in my lifetime. It has been a combination of these ingredients that has totally overwhelmed my heart and left me here, at Your feet, singing "my cup is running over, my cup is running over, my cup is running over because of You." May my life change in response to Your undeserved goodness to me. This is my act of worship.

1 comment:

Kinsey said...

I love that overflow feeling. in fact i find that i'm addicted to it. when i haven't had it in a while it's like "i just gotta be with Jesus" and get all filled up. once you experience it, to be only half full is not satisfying. i want more! gi-me, gi-me, i need, i need.
i'm glad you're out of the desert. it's been a while since we've talked.
i'm looking forward to this weekend because it's my first weekend home in several weeks and i will be lifting up my cup for some more filling!
i love you kelli!