Friday, October 17, 2008

Thank You for...

...acorns crunching beneath my feet;
...leaves cascading around my head;
...a squirrel sitting silently on a branch;
...clear blue skies interrupted by a surprise flock of birds;
...bobbing white tails of leaping deer;
...fog resting on the mountains at sunrise;
...pink cirrus clouds at sunset;
...crimson red, pumpkin orange, acorn yellow and plum purple mums;
...sunshine on my skin;
...American flags fluttering over Veteran graves;
...a chirping chipmunk;
...kicking my way through a pile of leaves;
...the majesty of an evergreen;
...a mountain set ablaze with the colors of autumn;
...tears of worship in my eyes.

"There's so much beauty around us, for just two eyes to see...everywhere I go, I'm looking." Rich Mullins from the song Here In America

No comments: